Our comprehensive 4-Step Design Process ensures that you get the design you want, within the budget you specify.
Our typical engineering and design request goes through these four stages.1. SCHEMATIC DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASE:
- Three coordinated meetings to determine requirements for low voltage and AV systems.
- Develop narrative programming the functional role of the AV systems in the required spaces as well as budget.
- Development of floor plan, show device locations.
- Coordinate with/assist Electrical Engineer with detailing AV locations, power
andlow voltage conduit requirements.
- Develop preliminary one-line diagrams and rack elevations.
- The primary purpose is to define and describe all important aspects of the project so that all that remains is the formal documentation step of construction contract documents.
- Technical aspects of materials and building systems, finalize space and function to a great degree, the primary achievement is to enable the Client to understand how the AV project will function as well as give more detail about what it will look like.
- The period when all the issues left unresolved at the end of schematic design can be worked out, and at a scale that minimizes the possibility of major modifications during the construction documents phase. It is also the period in which the design itself achieves the refinement and coordination necessary for a really polished product
- Tasks include giving a presentation of the proposed AV Solution(s), preliminary drawings, equipment layout, critical coordination clearance, mechanical and acoustical specifications
- Development of detailed one-line diagrams for complete AV systems.
- Development of construction details required for AV fixture structural mounting preparation.
- Detail development for wall and floor panel/box layout.
- Develop a complete specification and equipment schedule.
- Meeting and conference
participationwith the general contractor, architect, owner’s representative and other team members.
- Attend preliminary meetings with bidders as required.
- Generate and respond to correspondence pertaining to the bids as required.
- Review and analyze bid proposals as required.
- Prepare a written analysis of bid proposals, including recommendations.
- Review and approve shop drawings, materials, and equipment submissions for conformance with design intent and compliance with the construction documents.
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase to inspect construction affecting acoustical environments.
- Assist contractor/fabricator or other consultants in clarification of documents.
- Provide periodic inspection of work in progress at vendors’ fabrication facility and at the site.
- Answer all installer questions and issue directives to resolve on-site issues.
- Supervise testing and balancing of the system.
- Inspect the completed installation and create a punch list of deficiencies.
Once we complete your design we'll deliver the following:
- Full size CAD drawings
- Equipment list
- Where to buy gear
- Recommended installers near you
- Narrative on how the room will be used
- Basic user manual
Everything starts with a professional design. Ready to get yours?